Share This On:
A three-man mobile operational unit from the Department of Labour including Labour Inspectors, Messrs. Kissinger Smith and Glen St. Croix and Deputy labour Commissioner Ray Narcisse will oversee the process. Several weeks ago the National Workers Union (NWU) submitted a recognition claim on behalf of the security guards to the Department of Labour.
As a result of the poll, security guards based in Vieux Fort, Soufriere and Castries will now have the opportunity to determine their choice of trade union representation. The exercise when completed will bring closure on a matter of significant industrial relations in the security services sector.
The NWU already has the bargaining rights for four security companies operating on the island.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Republic Bank (EC) meets Saint Lucia business community February 20, 2020
- BOSL to host second Own Your Home showcase and seminar February 19, 2020
- Social workers attend software refresher course February 18, 2020
- Global investors look to diversify portfolios amid coronavirus chaos February 18, 2020
- General procurement notice: Closure Plan for Vieux Fort Landfill February 18, 2020
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020