Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Christiana Deflemon is a sickler from Belle Vue, Vieux-Fort who has been diagnosed with aseptic necrosis, a bone condition that results from poor supply of blood, causing localized bone death.
Her condition is located in the hip and as such has hindered her ability to walk for over six years. As a result, her medical team has recommended that she undergoes double hip replacement surgery.
In light of Christiana’s medical condition, the Belle Vue Development Committee and Poleon Family invite everyone to a grand Fundraising Barbecue and Family Day slated for Sunday 30th April, 2017 at the Belle Vue, Vieux-Fort Multipurpose Court from 12:00 noon. Barbecue tickets can be purchased from committee and family members at the following prices: Chicken – $10.00, Pork – $12.00 and Fish – $15.00.
Activities for the day include: 10/10 cricket matches, 9 a side soccer ramma, face painting, bouncing castle, trampoline and fun sports. There will also be stage performances by Meshach, Avot Sevis, Orchest Wrangema, Chant a Fire, Young Hommie and Jah Bondah.
The Belle Vue Development Committee encourages everyone to make a special effort to support this worthy cause by purchasing the barbecue tickets and participating in the activities being hosted as part of the family day. Attending activities of this nature is indicative of civic responsibility and concern for the welfare of those in need.
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM
- Uncertainty as civil unrest continues in Dominica December 4, 2019 9:56 AM