Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Saint Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA) advises residents, the business community and immediate surroundings of Vigie, that a full-scale emergency simulation exercise will be carried out at the George F.L. Charles Airport on November 8, 2019.
In this regard, persons should not be alarmed as the activities within the periphery of the airport on that day will be associated with the simulation exercise.
This is necessary, in keeping with the safety requirements stipulated by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), therefore flight operations will be suspended from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on the day.
Additionally, please be advised that during the period of the exercise, the Mandela Drive and Vigie Ganters Bay Roads may be closed between the hours of 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Motorists are therefore requested to cooperate with the Traffic Department of the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force as it pertains to traffic management during these hours.
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM