Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Saint Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA) advises residents, the business community and immediate surroundings of Vigie, that a full-scale emergency simulation exercise will be carried out at the George F.L. Charles Airport on November 8, 2019.
In this regard, persons should not be alarmed as the activities within the periphery of the airport on that day will be associated with the simulation exercise.
This is necessary, in keeping with the safety requirements stipulated by the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), therefore flight operations will be suspended from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on the day.
Additionally, please be advised that during the period of the exercise, the Mandela Drive and Vigie Ganters Bay Roads may be closed between the hours of 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Motorists are therefore requested to cooperate with the Traffic Department of the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force as it pertains to traffic management during these hours.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM