Share This On:
Great Shape Inc., a non- profit organization dedicated to empowering the children and families of the Caribbean has begun offering free dental clinics here from today, July 27.
The organization’s free dental program, 1000 Smiles, for the first time ever is offering fillings, cleanings, extractions, sealants, and education until August 10.
Teams from the United States, Canada and Saint Lucia will be at the Marchand Combined School and the Canaries Primary school, starting at 8:30 a.m. each day.
Great Shape Inc has for the past 28 years, been facilitating eye care, dental care, and literacy projects in Jamaica, serving more than 40,000 people every year.
The dental project being offered here is sponsored by the Sandals Foundation.
More Health Stories
- Doctors warn women not to use toothpaste to ‘tighten their vaginas’ October 12, 2019
- World Mental Health Day focuses on suicide prevention October 10, 2019
- US hospital ship’s humanitarian mission in Saint Lucia ends October 1, 2019
- Saint Lucia records increase in gastroenteritis cases September 30, 2019
- US hospital ship clinics temporarily suspended due to ‘sea wells’ September 29, 2019