Share This On:
The two most recent Saint Lucia Under-15 cricket captains have been named on a Windward Islands team to play the West Indies Under-17 tournament in Tobago, 6-16 July.
Four Saint Lucian batsmen have been named to the team, which is led by Grenada’s Emmanuel Stewart, a top-order batsman and wicketkeeper.
The Sir Ira Simmons Secondary duo of Johnel Eugene and Dane Edward are named to the squad. Johnnel led Saint Lucia to the Windward Islands Under-15 title in 2014, and was the top batsman in the 2014 West Indies Under-16 competition.
Johnnel plays for Babonneau in inter-district competition, whilst Dane plays for Gros Islet.
Also making the squad is Kimani Melius, under whose captaincy Saint Lucia defended its Windward Islands Under-15 title this year. Melius is an opening batsman who attends Babonneau Secondary and plays for Gros Islet.
Nick Elibox of Castries Comprehensive and Central Castries has been in a rich vein of form in the ongoing Under-19 national trials, where all four of the Saint Lucian selectees have been involved.
The full squad reads: Emmanuel Stewart (Captain), Johann Jeremiah, Narun Singh, Allick Athanaze, Dillon Douglas, Dabniel Dupigny, Nick Elibox, Johnel Eugene, Kimani Melius, Lee Louisy, Shane Roberts, Urnel Thomas, Dane Edward and Tahj Tavanier.
More Sports Stories
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019
- El Salvador beat Saint Lucia in Concacaf Nations League action October 15, 2019
- SLHTA to welcome home Saint Lucia’s gold medallist Levern Spencer October 14, 2019
- BREAKING NEWS: Phil Simmons appointed West Indies head coach October 14, 2019
- 3 Saint Lucians vying for places with Super50 champs October 14, 2019
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier named Male Athlete of the Week in US October 14, 2019
- Dubai ruler spends over $4 million on horse October 13, 2019