Share This On:
(Reuters) – Four men were killed when a fight between two families turned into a shootout at the birthday party for a 1-year-old in Texas, state officials said.
Gunfire broke out early Saturday evening in the small town of Taft, north of Corpus Christi. In addition to the four killed, a man was taken by helicopter to a Corpus Christi hospital, Sgt. Nathan Brandley of the Texas Department of Public Safety told reporters.
Police were seeking two men in connection with the shooting, Brandley said late on Saturday, adding that the Department of Public Safety’s Texas Rangers were leading the investigation.
Calls and an email to the department seeking further details were not immediately returned on Sunday.
The four men were found dead at the house where the birthday party took place, Brandley said. He gave no motive for the shootings other than to say there was an altercation between members of two families.
On June 30 in Idaho, nine people were wounded at a 3-year-old’s birthday party by a man who went on a stabbing spree. Media reported that the child later died.
- National Students’ Council elects new executive November 20, 2019 1:14 AM
- Qiana Joseph to participate in Women’s T20 Grand Slam Franchise Tournament November 20, 2019 12:55 AM
- Saint Lucia misses Gold Cup playoffs after falling to Montserrat November 20, 2019 12:08 AM
- US government warns of travel to Dominica; calls for restraint November 19, 2019 6:34 PM
- Dominica’s opposition leader strikes back; blames police for unrest in Roseau November 19, 2019 6:19 PM
- OECS chairman calls for “calm” in Dominica November 19, 2019 5:19 PM
- UPDATE: Dominica’s PM condemns unrest in Roseau; blames opposition UWP (see video) November 19, 2019 4:23 PM
- Saint Lucian in Taiwan’s top TV singing contest November 19, 2019 8:06 AM
- Turmoil in Dominica as protesters and police clash (see video) November 19, 2019 7:55 AM