Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) – A former deputy assigned to a South Carolina high school — and former basketball player at the University of South Carolina — was arrested Wednesday for having sex with a 17-year-old student in his patrol car.
Jamel Bradley, 40, who was fired from Richmond County Sheriff’s office in October, is also the target of a federal lawsuit alleging he had a sexual relationship with another student at Spring Valley High School in Columbia.
Wednesday’s arrest of Bradley stemmed from an incident last year that happened off-campus, his former Sheriff, Leon Lott, said.
“I’d like to kill you, but I can’t do that,” Sheriff Lott said about his former deputy. “I really would. It just disgusts me.”
Lott said investigators are probing whether Bradley victimized other students since his 2007 hiring. The federal lawsuit against Bradley contains such allegations.
“It’s still a very active investigation. But we felt like he needed to be arrested and he needed to be arrested today,” Lott said.
Bradley scored a record three pointers while playing for the NCAA team from 1998 to 2002.
He was charged with third-degree criminal sexual conduct. He was fired earlier this year for lying and tampering with an internal investigation into his actions.
Included in the suit is a case where a cheerleading coach from a different high school told authorities that Bradley may be inappropriately touching a cheerleader.
More International News Stories
- Fake German doctor who coaxed women to electrocute themselves jailed January 20, 2020
- Immune discovery ‘may treat all cancer’ January 20, 2020
- Elderly couple die on same day after spending 65 years together January 20, 2020
- Human-to-human transmission confirmed in China coronavirus January 20, 2020
- Malaysia sends back trash, says won’t be world’s waste bin January 20, 2020
- Prince Harry: ‘Powerful media’ is why he’s stepping away January 20, 2020
- At least 75 inmates escape from Paraguayan prison near Brazil border January 20, 2020
- Pompeo looks forward to meeting with Venezuela’s Guaido in Colombia January 20, 2020