Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Former Prime Minister Dr. Kenny D. Anthony has issued the following statement:
“On behalf of the Saint Lucia Labour Party and also on my personal behalf, I congratulate Mr. Allen Chastanet, Leader of the United Workers Party on his victory at the polls today, June 6, 2016.
On all accounts, this was a convincing victory. It is clear there was a major national swing against the Saint Lucia Labour Party.
I wish the people of Saint Lucia the very best as we embark on this new journey.
As to my future, I do not intend to serve as the Leader of the Opposition and indeed, Political Leader of the Saint Lucia Labour Party. I will, however, continue to serve my constituents of Vieux-Fort South and support my other Parliamentary colleagues in their various constituencies as they seek to protect the interests of their constituents.
I am deeply grateful for the honour of serving the people of Saint Lucia as Prime Minister for nearly three terms.
My special thanks to the people of Vieux-Fort South for electing me as their Parliamentary Representative for the fifth time.”
More Politics Stories
- Mayaro mayor concludes Saint Lucia visit November 18, 2019
- US, Taiwan delegates visit Saint Lucia November 7, 2019
- UWP “saddened” by shooting of “loyal member” November 4, 2019
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019
- ‘Questionable’ UWP gov’t transactions will be investigated: Pierre October 15, 2019