Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The grand finale to the upcoming Chamber Investment Symposium, “Alternative and Innovative Investment and Financing Options”, will be delivered by Mr. Egbert Perry, former chairman of Fannie Mae, on Wednesday, May 22, 2019 from 1:30 p.m. at the Harbor Club Hotel, Rodney Bay.
Fannie Mae is the Federal National Mortgage Association, sponsored by the US government and founded in 1938 by Congress. It was established to stimulate the housing market by making more mortgages available to moderate to low-income borrowers.
The corporation has as its purpose of expanding the secondary mortgage market by securitizing mortgage loans in the form of mortgage-backed securities, allowing lenders to reinvest their assets into more lending and in effect increasing the number of lenders in the mortgage market.
Mr. Perry is an Antiguan by birth and now heads the Atlanta-based firm, the Integral Group, executing one of the largest development projects in Atlanta currently.
Mr. Perry will be speaking on the subject of “Challenging Conventional Wisdom on Economic Development”, exploring his views on the importance of developing the economy using differential thinking but based on sound economic business principles and investment, financing instruments with nationals playing a leading role.
The Chamber invites the business community to join in an engaging and thought-provoking day, which will conclude with a powerful presentation by Mr. Perry.
If one is challenged to spend the entire day, one can join the Executive Luncheon presentation and be part of a riveting, informative and eye-opening presentation by Perry’s presentation.
Bank of Saint Lucia Investment Services, Invest St. Lucia and First Citizens Investment Services are co- sponsors of this event.
The Chamber encourages St. Lucians to take advantage of this informative presentation. To register please contact the Chamber Secretariat at 452-3165 or email us at [email protected]
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM
- Fuel prices change November 17, 2019 7:00 PM
- Kindergarten registration takes on a new approach November 17, 2019 12:51 PM
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM