Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Honourable Dr. Karen Cummings is currently representing the Co-operative Republic of Guyana at the Twenty-Second Meeting of the Council for Foreign and Community Relations (COFCOR) in St. George’s, Grenada.
Between May 13-14, regional Ministers will discuss a range of matters of regional and international significance including upcoming summits, candidatures, climate change, among other areas of interest.
The Council for Foreign and Community Relations (COFCOR) consists of Ministers responsible for the Foreign Affairs of CARICOM Member States. Among the Council’s main objectives, it aims to coordinate the foreign policies of the Member States of the Community and seeks to ensure, the adoption of Community positions on major hemispheric and international issues; and to determine relations between CARICOM and international organisations and third states, respectively.
- Guyana: Large ganja farm destroyed in Canje
- Guyana: Woman and grandchild killed after tree falls on kitchen
- Guyana: Man stabs brother to death
- Guyana: Indigenous chiefs maintain they will not let outsiders in their villages
- Guyana: Minibus driver and conductor arrested for packing minibus — breaking COVID rule
- Guyanese accused of “careless, callous behaviour” as COVID-19 cases rise
- Man stabs mother-in-law to death in Guyana
- Guyana: Dead newborn in bag treated as homicide, police reviews CCTV footage
- Guyana: Escaped COVID-19 patient captured in Brazil