Share This On:
(NWU) — The management of Food Express Ltd and representatives of the National Workers Union (NWU) have signed their first collective agreement.
This signing of the industrial accord took place at the Department of Labour.
Workers will receive an 8.5 percent general wage increase, spread over three years, with back pay effective July 2016.
Uniforms, payment for public holidays; breakfast, lunch, and dinner allowances are also part of the package.
Secretary-General of the NWU and Portfolio Representative, Cde Johann Harewood, said the company gave an undertaking that all will be done during the life of the agreement to improve on the overall working environment.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM