Share This On:
(NWU) — The management of Food Express Ltd and representatives of the National Workers Union (NWU) have signed their first collective agreement.
This signing of the industrial accord took place at the Department of Labour.
Workers will receive an 8.5 percent general wage increase, spread over three years, with back pay effective July 2016.
Uniforms, payment for public holidays; breakfast, lunch, and dinner allowances are also part of the package.
Secretary-General of the NWU and Portfolio Representative, Cde Johann Harewood, said the company gave an undertaking that all will be done during the life of the agreement to improve on the overall working environment.
- BREAKING NEWS: Vieux Fort construction worker killed in freak accident
- SALCC teaches English to Cuban medical personnel
- George Floyd had ‘violent criminal history’ says Minneapolis police union chief
- West Indies name Test squad for proposed tour of England
- Daren Sammy and Chris Gayle speak out against racism
- Britain pushing US to form 5G club of nations to cut out Huawei
- VIDEO: Saint Lucia borders open June 4; visitors require COVID-19 test, quarantine
- Saint Lucia bankers announce ‘phased increase’ in opening hours
- Big changes coming at Digicel