Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – At its Annual General Meeting (AGM) held on Saturday October 3, 2015, members of the Folk Research Centre (FRC) elected a new Board of Directors for the biennial 2015 to 2017. The new Directors are:
Dr. Joycelyne Fletcher
Shirley Ann Edward
Alwyn St. Omer
The ninth Director Mgrs Dr. Patrick Anthony is a founding Director of the Folk Research Centre and is not elected. Mr. Leslie Charles, who is the outgoing chairman of the Board of Directors was retained as an ex-officio member of the Board for purposes of continuity.
Following the election of the new Board, a chairperson was elected at a meeting of the Board on Wednesday October 7,2015.
At the meeting history was made when for the first time in its existence, a lady in the person of Ms. Floreta Nicholas was elected as Chairperson.
Ms. Nicholas is a retired senior Magistrate, Cultural Activist, actress and playwright. She is expected to bring her knowledge and experience to bear in the furtherance of the objectives of the FRC.
The Deputy Chairman is Mr. Sylvester Dickson a retired civil servant who worked in the Ministry of Finance. He is also a Credit Union expert.
More Culture/History Stories
- Saint Lucia government to grow new ‘orange economy’ November 7, 2019
- Folk Research Centre gets assistance October 27, 2019
- Prize-giving ceremony for Kwéyòl Poetry Competition on today October 10, 2019
- Saint Lucia participates in Taiwan National Day celebrations October 9, 2019
- Felix: “We will have Jounen Kweyol, Choiseul style” October 7, 2019
- Saint Lucian delegation participates in Taiwan festivals October 2, 2019
- Creole Heritage Month activities officially underway September 29, 2019
- ‘Archives on Parade’ exhibition in May 2019 May 2, 2019