The Media Association of Saint Lucia will elect a new executive committee for the period 2014-2016 on Sunday May 18, 2014.
This will be done at the biennial meeting for the association from 3 p.m. at the Monroe College.
Nominations are already in for the seven available positions under the association’s constitution.
Although some are nominated more than once, an individual can only be elected into one post.
Those vying for the post of president include DBS News Presenter Onel Sandford-Belle and current president Clinton Reynolds who is seeking re-election. He was elected to the post in 2012.
According to the association’s website, all those who wish to vote should be in “good standing” with the association by May 18, at 3 p.m.
The full list of nominees are:
• President: Onel Sandford-Belle, Jerry George, Clinton Reynolds, Wayne Whitfield and Bernard Fanis;
• Vice President: Clinton Reynolds, Lucius Doxerie, Delia Dolor and Wayne Whitfield;
• Treasurer: Glen Simon;
• Secretary: Tecla Fontenard, Medalise Breen, Richmond Felix and Cherry Ann Gaillard-Williams;
• Communications Officer/Assistant Secretary: Stan Bishop, Delia Dolor, Jerry George and Lissa Joseph;
• Floor Members: Lera Celestine, Maria Fontenelle, Kendal Eugene, Dale Elliot, Claudia Monlouis, Wayne Whitfield, Elijah Williams, Stan Bishop and Lissa Joseph.
Members of the media are urged to participate in the election.
More details can be found at the association’s website at masl.lc.