Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — Five people, including a woman, have been shot dead overnight in four separate incidents in Tunapuna, Santa Cruz, La Horquetta and Laventille.
Three of the people have so far been identified while police are yet to reveal the identities of the other two.
In the first incident, police said Khelon “Kokey” McLeod, was shot dead at the savannah at Achong Trace, Tunapuna.
Around the same time, Fabian Thomas was gunned down in Santa Cruz.
A man and a woman, both of whom were standing along Morgan Lane, off Pashley Street, Laventille, were shot and killed around midnight. Their identities are yet to be released.
And sometime around 2 a.m. Patrick Aaron was shot dead at Phase 4 LaHorquetta.
Get caught up with news from the news leader
Subscribe now and get access to the Trinidad Express E-paper
SUBSCRIBE/ LOG IN
Meanwhile, one man who was listed in critical condition at hospital after being shot together with three other people at the corner of Duncan and Charlotte Streets, Port of Spain, on Saturday night succumbed to his injuries yesterday evening.
He has been identified as Israel Cox, 23.
In that incident, Jevon Assing, 35, of Duncan Street, Port of Spain, Akeem Grant, 26 and Aria Haynes, 29, were also shot. Assing was pronounced dead at the scene.
The latest incidents have taken the country’s murder toll for the year so far to 157.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Woman killed as gunmen storm south coast home in Trinidad October 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Australia’s BHP drills dry hole October 18, 2019
- Trinidad: ‘Fireball’ in sky delight residents October 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Cop shot dead shortly after telling wife ‘I love you’ October 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Woman found with throat slit October 18, 2019
- Official accuses Trinidad private sector of being lazy October 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Baby’s skull fractured in fight October 16, 2019
- Trinidad: Cops charged for misbehavior, perverting justice October 15, 2019