Share This On:
(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) — Two double murders were among the five recorded overnight in Trinidad, bringing the murder toll to 20. A sixth body was found in Tobago.
The murder victims have been identified as Nathon Cummings, 25, Yahvel Joseph, 22, Akash Dookie, 20, Darius Joseph, 19 and Dwayne James, 27.
According to reports, at about 9 pm Yahvel Joseph, of Building 7 West, Maloney Gardens, and Cummings, of Tourmaline Street, Demerara Heights, Wallerfield, were standing outside Joseph’s home when a gunman walked up to them and opened fire. The men were taken to the Arima District Health Facility where they died while undergoing treatment.
In the second double murder, police said Dookie and Darius Joseph were killed at Marcano Drive, El Dorado, not too far from the scene where Charisse Bramble, 32, was shot and killed when gunmen entered her home on Monday night. Bramble’s relative was also shot and remains warded in critical condition.
At about 11 pm, the men were standing among a group of people when gunmen opened fire on them. They were shot several times about their bodies and were also taken to the Arima Health Facility but were pronounced dead on arrival.
In the third incident, also at about 11 pm, James, of Braithwaite Lane, Belmont, was at Maryland Hill sitting in a vehicle when he was shot once in the head.
Tobago burnt body identified
Police have identified the burnt body of a man found in a car in Hope, Tobago this morning, as Dwarika Moses, 20, of Les Coteaux.
Police are treating the death as a suspected homicide.
According to reports about 2 am this morning, fire officers responded to a call about a burning car on Belmont Link Road, Hope, Tobago.
When investigators arrived at the site they noticed a body in the vehicle.
Tobago recorded 9 murders last year.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Father of 5 needed to pay rent, took ganja smuggling job January 23, 2020
- Trinidad: Evangelical Council has crime solution – Bible January 22, 2020
- Killer virus: ‘T&T should be concerned’ January 22, 2020
- Trinidad: Fake kidnap victim reveals the truth in court January 22, 2020
- Trinidad: UWI scholars facing eviction January 22, 2020
- Trinidad: Fired worker tries burglary January 21, 2020
- Trinidad backs Barbados, blanks Pompeo’s meeting January 21, 2020
- Trinidad: ‘Kidnap’ victim charged with faking crime January 21, 2020