Five Guatemalans electrocuted decorating Christmas tree

By BBC

(BBC) – Five people have died in Guatemala after they were electrocuted while decorating a Christmas tree in a public park.

The five, one woman and four men, accidentally made contact with high voltage cables while hanging ornaments on an artificial Christmas tree made of iron and wires, local press reported.

The dead were between 17 and 24 years old.

The incident occurred in El Carmen Frontera, on the border with Mexico.

Tweets showed the tree lying on its side in the town’s park.

Rescue workers said the five had died instantly.

Residents said the Christmas tree had been erected in the same place for the past 20 years without any problems.

(1)(0)
This article was posted in its entirety as received by stlucianewsonline.com. This media house does not correct any spelling or grammatical error within press releases and commentaries. The views expressed therein are not necessarily those of stlucianewsonline.com, its sponsors or advertisers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.