Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The government of Saint Lucia through the Department of Infrastructure, Ports and Energy has engaged a firm to undertake a comprehensive hydrologic and hydraulic flood risk assessment in Dennery and Soufriere, including Fond St. Jacques, as part of the Disaster Vulnerability Reduction Project (DVRP).
The objective of this consultancy is to develop suitable sustainable engineering designs that will mitigate against flooding in the identified communities.
The Department of Infrastructure, Port and Energy has the responsibility of coordinating and managing this component of the project. A contract was signed between the government of Saint Lucia and Alpha Engineering and Design to carry out the assessment and work commenced on Sept 16, 2019.
A team of the consultant’s surveyors is expected to commence work on Monday, September 23, 2019, in the various communities. Residents are asked to be aware of these activities and to accommodate the team members, especially in instances when they may require access to your private properties for the purposes of the assessment.
The cooperation of the public and residence is solicited and appreciated.
Should you require further clarification related to the project being undertaken, please contact Mr. Amos Hippolyte, civil engineer, at [email protected] or telephone: 1-758-717-3767.
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM