Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The government of Saint Lucia through the Department of Infrastructure, Ports and Energy has engaged a firm to undertake a comprehensive hydrologic and hydraulic flood risk assessment in Dennery and Soufriere, including Fond St. Jacques, as part of the Disaster Vulnerability Reduction Project (DVRP).
The objective of this consultancy is to develop suitable sustainable engineering designs that will mitigate against flooding in the identified communities.
The Department of Infrastructure, Port and Energy has the responsibility of coordinating and managing this component of the project. A contract was signed between the government of Saint Lucia and Alpha Engineering and Design to carry out the assessment and work commenced on Sept 16, 2019.
A team of the consultant’s surveyors is expected to commence work on Monday, September 23, 2019, in the various communities. Residents are asked to be aware of these activities and to accommodate the team members, especially in instances when they may require access to your private properties for the purposes of the assessment.
The cooperation of the public and residence is solicited and appreciated.
Should you require further clarification related to the project being undertaken, please contact Mr. Amos Hippolyte, civil engineer, at [email protected] or telephone: 1-758-717-3767.
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM
- 16-year-old among victims of Dominica plane crash February 17, 2020 6:31 PM
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020 2:08 PM
- Items found in sea as Dominica plane crash rescue mission continues February 17, 2020 10:37 AM
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM