Share This On:
Police officers attached to Richfond and Dennery police stations conducted an operation at Grande Ravine, Dennery on Saturday, during which drugs and a firearm were seized.
A search warrant was executed on a house in the area and a SLR semi automatic firearm with 12 rounds of ammunition was recovered, along with approximately 35 kilos of compressed marijuana.
Forty-three-year-old Nicholas Alexander also known as Rome, of Grande Ravine was arrested and charged for the offences of possession of an unlicensed firearm, possession of ammunition, possession of a controlled drug and possession with the intent to supply a controlled drug.
He appeared before the Second District Court in Dennery today.
More Crime/Police Stories
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019
- VIDEO: Schoolgirls, two women fight at Castries fast food outlet November 9, 2019
- Cow thief arrested by Anse La Raye police November 8, 2019
- Fisherman stabbed in Canaries November 8, 2019
- Elderly man beaten in Entrepot during home invasion November 7, 2019