Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – As part of activities in observance of Business Month 2015 under the theme, “Economic Growth through Business Support – with a focus on Youth and Women,” the Ministry of Commerce, Business Development, Investment and Consumer Affairs will be hosting a Finance Symposium tailored to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) on Monday September 21st at 9:00 a.m. at the Bougainvillea Conference Room, Bay Gardens Hotel.
Given the constraints faced by MSMEs in accessing Finance, the symposium will serve as an opportunity to enlighten business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs on the various financial instruments available to them in facilitating the growth of their business.
This initiative is in keeping with the Ministry’s mandate to provide training and consultation to entrepreneurs, as a means to promoting the sustainable growth of MSMEs, which comprise 76% of our business sector.
The symposium will therefore bring together a cadre of lenders and investors who will be presenting on various areas of Finance including; Assessing your Financial Needs; Equity and Debt Financing and Investment Guidance.
The symposium will also serve as an avenue for networking among MSMEs, lenders and investors, on financial instruments and the strategic management of finance.
It is expected that the Finance Symposium will better inform MSMEs on the financial products available to them, as well as, increase their opportunity to access these financial products and services.
For further information on the Finance Symposium please contact Mr. Egbert Stevens,
Business Development Officer at 468-4221/285-4573 or Mr. Esli Lafeuillee, Business
Development Officer at 468-4249/285-4679.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019
- ECCB awards CIBC FirstCaribbean 2019 Bank of the Year – Customer service November 19, 2019
- CSA happy over collective agreement with LUCELEC but … November 19, 2019
- Closure of office November 18, 2019
- Bay Gardens Resorts wins ninth Saint Lucia Business Award November 18, 2019
- LUCELEC and CSA sign collective agreement for Grade 1 employees November 18, 2019