Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The Events Company of St. Lucia Inc. (ECSL) and the Calypso Management Committee (CMC) are thrilled to announce the finalists who will compete on Saturday July 14 at The Sab from 8pm in the final leg of the Calypso Monarch Competition in the race to dethrone reigning Calypso Monarch, The Mighty Pep:
In alphabetical order, the finalists are:
In the Groovy Soca Monarch Competition, 9 finalists will do battle against reigning Groovy Soca Monarch, Arthur:
In alphabetical order:
Competing against 2017 Power Soca Monarch, Ricky T will be:
Nassis ft. Chrome
Platinum George & Mr. X
Ti Caro & Hyper
The Groovy and Power Soca Monarch Competition happens on Carnival Sunday, July 15, from 8pm.
Sponsors for Saint Lucia Carnival include FLOW 4G LTE, Platinum Sponsor for the Soleil Saint Lucia Summer Festival, Caribbean Airlines – the Official Airline of Saint Lucia Carnival, Bounty Rum and Piton Beer.
Media sponsors include The Wave, Hot FM, HTS/Helen 100, Vybe Radio, DBS, RCI and MBC.
Saint Lucia Carnival is produced in collaboration with the Cultural Development Foundation (CDF).
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 18, 2019 6:04 AM
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019 3:41 PM
- Food Express workers to receive wage increase, back pay, allowances: NWU October 16, 2019 3:16 PM
- Bay Gardens Resorts offers unbeatable savings for Creole Heritage Month October 16, 2019 2:51 PM
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019 2:03 PM