Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Department of Infrastructure, Ports and Energy informs the motoring and pedestrian public of the start of the second and final phase of the Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project on Saturday November 23, 2019. These finishing works which include Milling and Asphalting are schedule to be complete in eight days.
All works will be undertaken between 10pm and 6am in an effort to minimize public inconvenience.
Motorists are informed that there will be temporary diversion of vehicular traffic only during construction hours.
The Northbound Lane from Friendship Inn to Choc Roundabout will be closed to normal traffic. The Southbound Dual Lanes between Choc and the Friendship Inn Roundabouts will be converted into two-way traffic, which means that one lane will accommodate southbound traffic while the other lane will accommodate northbound traffic.
Both Northbound and Southbound Dual Carriageways will resume to operate as normal from 6am to 9pm daily.
All commuters are asked to be guided by road signs which will be placed for their information and guidance, abide by the instructions given by flaggers who will be on location and extend full cooperation.
The Department of Infrastructure, Ports and Energy wishes to apologies for any inconveniences which may be caused as a result of the road works but assures the public that these interventions are important for general Road Safety.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM