Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Department of Infrastructure, Ports and Energy informs the motoring and pedestrian public of the start of the second and final phase of the Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project on Saturday November 23, 2019. These finishing works which include Milling and Asphalting are schedule to be complete in eight days.
All works will be undertaken between 10pm and 6am in an effort to minimize public inconvenience.
Motorists are informed that there will be temporary diversion of vehicular traffic only during construction hours.
The Northbound Lane from Friendship Inn to Choc Roundabout will be closed to normal traffic. The Southbound Dual Lanes between Choc and the Friendship Inn Roundabouts will be converted into two-way traffic, which means that one lane will accommodate southbound traffic while the other lane will accommodate northbound traffic.
Both Northbound and Southbound Dual Carriageways will resume to operate as normal from 6am to 9pm daily.
All commuters are asked to be guided by road signs which will be placed for their information and guidance, abide by the instructions given by flaggers who will be on location and extend full cooperation.
The Department of Infrastructure, Ports and Energy wishes to apologies for any inconveniences which may be caused as a result of the road works but assures the public that these interventions are important for general Road Safety.
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM