HTS News Reporter and President of the Media Association of St. Lucia, Miguel Fevrier, has spoken out about his recent showdown with Minister with responsibility for Tourism, Information and Broadcasting Dominic Fedee.
Speaking to DaMajority online publication earlier this week, Fevrier said: “The minister is free to rant as he pleases on matters relating to the media, after all he is in charge of the department responsible.
“If his brief stint in the private media qualifies him to pontificate on how reporters and journalists perform on the job, that again is his prerogative. The behaviour displayed on Monday is consistent with his behaviour towards members of the media in the past.
“In another incident, another journalist resorted to politely correcting him when his response to a question bordered disrespect. Like Mr. chastanet whom in his presence readily and respectfully answered questions concerning a Cabinet conclusion pertaining to DSH concessions, and corrected where he believed I was wrong, the minister could’ve taken the same route.
“It’s unfortunate that he chose to respond in that manner, but like I said, that’s his prerogative. However, I am happy that he was at least able to clarify the initial question, albeit 27 hours later.”
CLICK HERE for report on the showdown between the minister and the journalist
CLICK HERE to view minister’s follow-up press conference on the matter