Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) – A 6-year-old Indiana girl was fatally shot in the head by her father as he cleaned a gun, state police said.
The girl, Makayla S. Bowling, was shot at about 10:30 p.m. Friday when her father accidentally fired the handgun inside their South PD Baker Road home in Washington County, about 90 miles south of Indianapolis, according to Indiana State Police.
Deputies from the Washington County Sheriff’s Department responded to the home and transported the girl by air ambulance about 40 miles to the Norton Children’s Hospital in Louisville, Kentucky, where she was pronounced dead.
The shooting remains under investigation, but Indiana State Police detectives do not suspect any foul play. A preliminary investigation found that the girl’s father was cleaning the pistol inside the home and thought it was unloaded before it discharged and struck his daughter.
The girl’s father was not identified by state police.
More International News Stories
- France launches bedbug hotline in campaign to stamp out the itchy menace February 21, 2020
- Two killed, 70 injured in horrific 200-car pileup near Montreal February 21, 2020
- Over 500 cases of coronavirus reported in Chinese prisons February 21, 2020
- Ukrainians hurl stones at evacuees from China February 21, 2020
- India builds wall along slum ahead of Trump visit February 20, 2020
- Texas-based company has reportedly created a coronavirus vaccine February 20, 2020
- Over 5,000 new cases of coronavirus confirmed in single day in China February 14, 2020