Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) – A 6-year-old Indiana girl was fatally shot in the head by her father as he cleaned a gun, state police said.
The girl, Makayla S. Bowling, was shot at about 10:30 p.m. Friday when her father accidentally fired the handgun inside their South PD Baker Road home in Washington County, about 90 miles south of Indianapolis, according to Indiana State Police.
Deputies from the Washington County Sheriff’s Department responded to the home and transported the girl by air ambulance about 40 miles to the Norton Children’s Hospital in Louisville, Kentucky, where she was pronounced dead.
The shooting remains under investigation, but Indiana State Police detectives do not suspect any foul play. A preliminary investigation found that the girl’s father was cleaning the pistol inside the home and thought it was unloaded before it discharged and struck his daughter.
The girl’s father was not identified by state police.
- Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey cries in front of George Floyd’s casket
- Cop comforts 5-y-o black girl after she asks if she’s going to be shot
- UPDATE: George Floyd tested positive for coronavirus in April, full autopsy reveals
- Snapchat stops promoting Donald Trump’s account
- Police plea for help as German suspect revealed in Madeleine McCann disappearance
- Russia: President Putin declares state of emergency after Arctic Circle oil spill
- Brazil looks to reopen despite record coronavirus deaths
- Gambia demands probe after US police shoot dead diplomat’s son
- All cops involved in George Floyd’s deadly arrest are now in custody