Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) – A 6-year-old Indiana girl was fatally shot in the head by her father as he cleaned a gun, state police said.
The girl, Makayla S. Bowling, was shot at about 10:30 p.m. Friday when her father accidentally fired the handgun inside their South PD Baker Road home in Washington County, about 90 miles south of Indianapolis, according to Indiana State Police.
Deputies from the Washington County Sheriff’s Department responded to the home and transported the girl by air ambulance about 40 miles to the Norton Children’s Hospital in Louisville, Kentucky, where she was pronounced dead.
The shooting remains under investigation, but Indiana State Police detectives do not suspect any foul play. A preliminary investigation found that the girl’s father was cleaning the pistol inside the home and thought it was unloaded before it discharged and struck his daughter.
The girl’s father was not identified by state police.
More International News Stories
- Heartburn drug Zantac recalled over cancer-causing chemical October 19, 2019
- Woman wears all her clothes at airport to avoid excess baggage fees October 18, 2019
- US: Man, 94, killed wife in failed murder-suicide October 16, 2019
- New York cop kills himself inside his home October 16, 2019
- UK: Video shows students high-fiving after rape drunk woman October 16, 2019
- Newborn girl found buried alive in Indian cemetery October 15, 2019
- Neighbor of Atatiana Jefferson says he’s “devastated” October 15, 2019