Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – On Wednesday, January 29, 2020, the Traffic Unit of the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force, responded to a report of a vehicular collision at Ravine Poisson, Castries.
On arrival, officers were informed that three male occupants of a motorcar were reportedly injured following a collision into an electrical pole along the roadside. They were escorted to the Victoria Hospital for medical attention.
On Thursday, February 6, 2020, one of the occupants, Hemish John, a resident of Marigot, succumbed due to his injuries. The two other males have since been discharged from the hospital having received medical treatment.
A post mortem examination is scheduled for a subsequent date.
This was the fourth recorded road fatality for the year 2020.
The Royal St. Lucia Police Force wishes to extend condolences to the family and friends of the deceased.
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM