Share This On:
The authorities are investigating a fire that destroyed a dwelling house in Capital Hill, Castries this morning (Saturday, April 22), officials said.
A family of four – two adults and two children – were not at home when the fire occurred around 9 a.m., officials said.
Despite valiant efforts by neighbours to put out the blaze, the 16×20 wooden structure and its contents was completely destroyed.
The neighbours however prevented the fire from spreading to nearby houses by wetting bamboo trees close to the burning house.
Two fire engines and an ambulance responded to the fire.
Residents claimed that the firemen had some difficulty getting to the location in the Morne Fortune area.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM