Share This On:
The authorities are investigating a fire that destroyed a dwelling house in Capital Hill, Castries this morning (Saturday, April 22), officials said.
A family of four – two adults and two children – were not at home when the fire occurred around 9 a.m., officials said.
Despite valiant efforts by neighbours to put out the blaze, the 16×20 wooden structure and its contents was completely destroyed.
The neighbours however prevented the fire from spreading to nearby houses by wetting bamboo trees close to the burning house.
Two fire engines and an ambulance responded to the fire.
Residents claimed that the firemen had some difficulty getting to the location in the Morne Fortune area.
- Mayor Francis commends emergency personnel for heroic response to Thursday’s city fire November 22, 2019 1:12 PM
- Minister discusses health financing at Global Fund meeting November 22, 2019 1:05 PM
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019 10:25 AM
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM