Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The following statement has been issued by Dr Kenny D. Anthony, former Prime Minister and Parliamentary Representative for Vieux Fort South:
“I have taken note that in several postings on Facebook and other social media, Ms. Kernisha Flavien, Public Relations Officer of the United Workers Party, wrote as follows:
“Kenny Anthony and the Labour Party continues to push a message of hatred, division and desperation all in an attempt to stop Saint Lucia from rising out of the economic disaster that he and his government left. Are Kenny and company responsible for giving orders to attempt to burn the Soufriere Hospital and equipment at the DSH construction site? What will they attempt to sabotage next? #Lock Them UP”.
This statement appeared on the UWP (Saint Lucia) website, the site of the “Citizens for Accountability & Progress (CAP), the UWP affiliated group UnitedPac as well as a so- called UnitedPac Conservative Movement. It was also shared and posted in language highly injurious and condemnatory of me by several other individuals on the social media with known UWP connections. The statements have also been reproduced on some social media outlets.
To add further insult to injury the United Workers Party issued a Press Statement to the same effect.
The meaning, innuendo and implications contained in the statements of Ms. Flavien and the United Workers Party are clear.
These statements are false, scurrilous, malicious and defamatory. In the circumstances, I want to make it absolutely clear to Ms. Flavien and the United Workers Party that I intend to take legal action to give them the opportunity to prove their allegations.”
- Government to combat cyber crime January 28, 2020 12:46 PM
- Invest Saint Lucia scores major successes in 2019 and expects more investments in 2020 January 28, 2020 11:39 AM
- NHC responds to alleged non-payment of January 2020 Salaries January 28, 2020 11:27 AM
- Unicomer and NWU negotiations at deadlock January 28, 2020 10:53 AM
- LUCELEC Sans Souci office closed for maintenance January 28, 2020 8:42 AM
- Alleged non-payment of salaries to NHC staff being investigated January 27, 2020 3:15 PM
- Prime Minister talks improvements in education January 27, 2020 9:37 AM
- Castries Mayor meets LGBTQ representatives January 27, 2020 9:17 AM