Share This On:
Prime Minister Allen Chastanet said he is pleased that Invest Saint Lucia’s recent rebranding focuses on promoting and harnessing more local investment.
Chastanet said investment — whether it is from foreigners or locals — is an important contributor towards the development of any country.
“For many years, Saint Lucians have been under the false impression that Invest Saint Lucia solely operates to facilitate Foreign Direct Investment,” Chastanet wrote on his official Facebook page on Monday.
“I am extremely happy to know that under their recent rebranding, greater efforts will be expended on facilitating Saint Lucians who are desirous of investing and doing business in Saint Lucia,” he added.
He said a major example of this effort to promote local investment is the ongoing redevelopment of Anse de Sables in Vieux Fort “where Saint Lucians will be given the relevant support and incentives to start their own restaurants, bars, shops, guest houses/hotels and other suitable business ventures”.
Chastanet said “another exciting initiative” is the Saint Lucia Business Incubator & Accelerator Program which is being established by Invest Saint Lucia to give much-needed support to assist entrepreneurs and start-up businesses.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM