Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – For the month of October 2015, co-operative members around the world will celebrate Co-operative Month, an annual event to commemorate the co-operative movement’s impact and achievements. In commemoration of this year’s co-operative month, the St. Lucia Co-operative Credit Union League Ltd. invites the entire nation to embrace and partake in the activities planned by cooperators around the island, to celebrate this a memorial month.
Co-operative Month has been celebrated worldwide annually every October, for decades. Each year, the international event affords the cooperative community, the opportunity to remember the achievements of the co-operative model and its proud history, which denotes the successes of the cooperative difference.
Cooperatives are businesses that are owned and democratically controlled by their members, the people who buy their goods or use their services—not by investors. They operate on the principle of “one member, one vote.” That is, unlike investor owned businesses where voting rights are based on ownership share, each member of a cooperative has the same voting power.
This year’s theme, “PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE,” emphasizes the benefits of cooperation among co-operatives worldwide through the global cooperative network.
The St. Lucia Co-operative Credit Union League invites all Saint Lucians to celebrate this month.
For more information about your Credit Union’s events, visit;
More General Stories
- SRDF honors centenarian January 23, 2020
- Funeral Service – Mr. Cassius “Cassie Boom” Glasgow January 23, 2020
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020
- DASH Independence Colour Run 2020 – Ready, set, go! January 17, 2020
- Book fair opens for Nobel Laureate Festival January 16, 2020
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020
- PM Chastanet wishes Saint Lucians a prosperous new year January 2, 2020