Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Alliance Francaise is pleased to collaborate with the Folk Research Center on one Saturday of every month with the theme ‘Essoubyen?’ which is known as the Saturday of Kwéyòl.
This Saturday, April 22, will see the day filled with fun as it is entitled a ‘Games Day’. This takes place at The Pyramid, Pointe Seraphine in Castries from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm and it is free admission for all ages ranging from 7 years to 77 years old.
The FRC will coordinate the games of ‘Fruit Basket’ and the ‘Power of the Master’ whilst an association from Martinique known as Karisko will also be participating. Karisko is an association which strives to bring Amerindian history back to present day through popular fun and cultural events. They will introduce a giant board game called ‘Kytangomingo Ema’ translated as ‘On the path of our ancestors’. This game allows a person to personify an Amerindian on a journey through the Caribbean.
There will be also be a movie shown during the Games Day, which also will be presented by Karisko, which shows a journey across the Caribbean Sea on a traditional Ameridian pirogue called a ‘kanawa’.
Through this activity Alliance Francaise endeavours to promote English, Kwéyòl and French and to engage the wider Saint Lucian public through fun activities.
The public are all invited to enjoy this wonderful fun and educational Games Day themed ‘Essoubyen?’ Free of charge.
For further information, please contact Alliance Francaise [email protected]
at Phone: (758) 452-6602
- Mayor Francis commends emergency personnel for heroic response to Thursday’s city fire November 22, 2019 1:12 PM
- Minister discusses health financing at Global Fund meeting November 22, 2019 1:05 PM
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019 10:25 AM
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM