Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Ministry of Education, Innovation, Gender Relations and Sustainable Development regrets to inform parents and guardians of students attending the Bocage, Entrepot and Sir Ira Simmons Secondary schools that after careful consideration, those schools will remain closed on Monday, November 11, 2019 to facilitate further comprehensive testing and remediation.
Parents and guardians are asked to note that the Ministry is nearing the end of the identified issues, however, the Ministry, erring on the side of caution, needs to be reassured that the environment is safe for staff and students of these institutions.
Measures will also be put in place to make up for the loss of instruction time.
The Ministry will provide further information and make an announcement on the date for the reopening of these schools at the soonest.
The Ministry apologises for any inconvenience caused and thanks all stakeholders for your patience during this period.
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM