Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – A group of fifteen (15) OECS small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) together with their counterparts from Martinique participated in a Business Retreat held in Martinique from July 1st – 3rd 2018 as part of the recently established Trade Enhancement for the Eastern Caribbean (TEECA) programme.
The TEECA programme is a joint initiative between the Martinique Chamber of Commerce (CCIM), the OECS Commission and the Caribbean Export Development Agency (CEDA) being funded by the Interreg Caraïbes European Regional Development Fund. It aims to enhance trade and investment opportunities between Martinique and the rest of the OECS and is expected to benefit participating SMEs from Dominica Grenada, Saint. Kitts and Nevis, Martinique, Saint Lucia and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines in five main sub-sectors, namely; manufacturing: agro-processing, Information and Communication Technology, music, fashion, and green industries.
The three (3) day exercise, which officially launched activities for the two (2) year TEECA programme, served as a team building exercise for the 30 SMEs selected for support under the programme. The Business Retreat also covered a range of topics aimed at deepening interest and understanding on the broad range of trade and development issues, as well as to create opportunities for participating firms to gain a better appreciation of the scope of the programme.
The sessions covered, inter alia:
– understanding Export Challenges in the goods and services sectors;
– intercultural understanding between the OECS and Martinique; and
– sharing values and deepening understanding of team work.
The group also managed to undertake special activities for team building including; a traditional sail boat excursion, the Gommier, as well as a practical culinary session featuring traditional Martinique cuisine.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Social workers attend software refresher course February 18, 2020
- Global investors look to diversify portfolios amid coronavirus chaos February 18, 2020
- General procurement notice: Closure Plan for Vieux Fort Landfill February 18, 2020
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020
- Chamber and SLASPA getting down to the business of Port Castries February 17, 2020
- Small business tax filing workshop February 17, 2020
- Export Saint Lucia set to Launch the National Export Strategy February 17, 2020