Share This On:
(ESPN) — England will play their first Test match in St Lucia as part of a two-month tour of the Caribbean early next year.
The other two venues for the three-match Test series, which is the first part of the trip, are Barbados and Antigua.
England’s previous Test series in the Caribbean finished 1-1 after West Indies levelled the series in Barbados following England’s win in Grenada.
A five-match one-day series will follow with matches in Barbados, Grenada and St Lucia before the tour wraps up with three T20s which also includes a match at the Darren Sammy National Cricket Stadium.
England arrive in Barbados on January 11 and have one four-day tour match pencilled in ahead of the opening Test on January 23.
A tour by England remains very important for the West Indies board because of the number of travelling supporters they are likely to bring. This is the first time all three formats have been played on the same tour since 2009.
Wed Jan 23-Sun Jan 27 – 1st Test, Kensington Oval, Barbados
Thu Jan 31-Mon Feb 4 – 2nd Test, Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, Antigua
Sat Feb 9-Wed Feb 13 – 3rd Test, Darren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, St Lucia
Wed Feb 20 – 1st ODI, Kensington Oval, Barbados
Fri Feb 22 – 2nd ODI, Kensington Oval, Barbados
Mon Feb 25 – 3rd ODI, National Cricket Stadium, Grenada
Wed Feb 27 – 4th ODI, National Cricket Stadium, Grenada
Sat Mar 2 – 5th ODI, Darren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, St Lucia
Tue Mar 5 – 1st IT20, Darren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, St Lucia
Fri Mar 8 – 2nd IT20, Warner Park, St Kitts
Sun Mar 10 – 3rd IT20 Warner Park, St Kitts
More Sports Stories
- DASH 2020 set for weekend launch January 21, 2020
- Hero CPL announces tournament’s economic impact on St Lucia January 21, 2020
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020
- West Indies U-19s all but qualify for semi-finals at World Cup January 20, 2020
- Simmons, Pollard, Bravo give West Indies series-levelling win January 20, 2020
- St Lucia Tennis Association to host first annual awards ceremony January 15, 2020
- 10th World ARC sets sail from Saint Lucia January 13, 2020