Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Department of Labour is inviting members of the public, who are interested in seeking employment in the Canada-Caribbean Seasonal Agricultural Workers Programme, to collect application forms at the Department from October 24th 2018 to November 12th 2018.
This Programme involves working on Farms in Canada in such areas as VEGETABLES, FRUITS, GREEN HOUSES, FLOWERS, TOBACCO, inclusive of NURSERIES, STABLES, POULTRY, SWINE, SHEEP, MINK, DAIRY, BOVINE, APIARY PRODUCTS.
The Length of employment may vary according to the type of work, and can be for periods of three (3), four (4) five (5), six (6) and eight (8) months, and for periods of one (1) to two (2) years.
Applicants must be eighteen (18) years and older, and should note that work on these farms are very strenuous and demanding, and involves working very long hours in various types of weather conditions which can be cold, chilly, snowy and rainy.
Applicants will be required to prove that they can meet the full requirements of their employment conditions satisfactorily, and conduct themselves in a manner that reflects in the most positive way on themselves and their country, Saint Lucia.
Application forms are to be collected at the reception desk of the Department of Labour between the hours of 8:30 am – 12:30 pm and from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm.
All persons who previously applied for employment in the Canada Caribbean Seasonal Agricultural Workers Programme during the period 2016 – 2017 must reapply.
- Suspected case of coronavirus in BVI – Local health officials thrust into ’emergency meeting’ February 27, 2020 3:43 PM
- PAHO calls for stepped up preparedness for Coronavirus February 27, 2020 3:03 PM
- Dr. Kenny Anthony appeals for assistance for fire victims in Vieux-Fort February 27, 2020 2:19 PM
- WASCO responds to Richard Frederick’s statement on ‘Can I Help You’ program February 27, 2020 2:14 PM
- Castries Constituency Council workers return to work February 27, 2020 9:05 AM
- RSS to present crime scene investigations equipment to St. Lucia police February 27, 2020 8:57 AM
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM