Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Department of Labour is inviting members of the public, who are interested in seeking employment in the Canada-Caribbean Seasonal Agricultural Workers Programme, to collect application forms at the Department from October 24th 2018 to November 12th 2018.
This Programme involves working on Farms in Canada in such areas as VEGETABLES, FRUITS, GREEN HOUSES, FLOWERS, TOBACCO, inclusive of NURSERIES, STABLES, POULTRY, SWINE, SHEEP, MINK, DAIRY, BOVINE, APIARY PRODUCTS.
The Length of employment may vary according to the type of work, and can be for periods of three (3), four (4) five (5), six (6) and eight (8) months, and for periods of one (1) to two (2) years.
Applicants must be eighteen (18) years and older, and should note that work on these farms are very strenuous and demanding, and involves working very long hours in various types of weather conditions which can be cold, chilly, snowy and rainy.
Applicants will be required to prove that they can meet the full requirements of their employment conditions satisfactorily, and conduct themselves in a manner that reflects in the most positive way on themselves and their country, Saint Lucia.
Application forms are to be collected at the reception desk of the Department of Labour between the hours of 8:30 am – 12:30 pm and from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm.
All persons who previously applied for employment in the Canada Caribbean Seasonal Agricultural Workers Programme during the period 2016 – 2017 must reapply.
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM