Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Workers employed with First Citizens Investment Services Ltd. will now be in a position to receive Trade Union representation.
A few weeks ago the National Workers Union (NWU) submitted a recognition application to Acting Labour Commissioner, Mr. Ray Narcisse.
The company has since written to the Acting Labour Commissioner informing him that they will not contest the union’s application and is prepared to recognize the National Workers Union as the exclusive bargaining agent for workers employed with the company.
Mr. Narcisse has since issued a Recognition Certificate to the NWU. The National Workers Union now represents workers in nine (9) companies in the financial services sector.
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services to June 30
- Non-NIC contributors to benefit from ‘Income Support Programme’
- Digicel’s debt “unsustainable”
- FirstCaribbean hit by 316 per cent decrease in net income
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff
- 1.5 million Caribbean jobs expected to be lost due to COVID-19 — ILO
- St Lucia photographer Kirk Elliott launches FREE Virtual Photo Tour
- Saint Lucian cultural activist says working from home increased her creative juices (+video)
- Sagicor launches plan for frontline ‘heroes’