Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Honourable Ezechiel Joseph, Minister for Agriculture, accompanied by the Honourable Minister Herod Stanislaus visits Taiwan 5-9 November 2018, to get a first-hand experience of Taiwan’s agricultural development and technologies.
On 6 November, they visited the 2018 World Flora Exposition in the central Taiwan city of Taichung and marveled at the spectacular floral arrangements there. They believe that Saint Lucia can take a page from the Taiwan’s book in developing agro-tourism.
Later that day, they visited the Han-kuang Fruit and Vegetable Production Cooperative and the Taichung District Agricultural Research and Extension Station to better understand how Taiwan’s agriculture sector optimise its supply chain.
Saint Lucia is scheduled to launch an agricultural production and marketing improvement programme next year in cooperation with Taiwan.
The Ministers’ trip to Taiwan further convinces them of an even brighter future for Saint Lucia’s agricultural development.
- First phase of the Volet livestock station begins
- Canadian Farm Workers Programme – Northern workers
- Canadian Farm Workers Programme – Southern workers
- First phase of Market Redevelopment Project handed over to vendors
- Alquimi Renewables and Island Growers launching first climate resistant greenhouse farms in the Caribbean
- Canadian farm workers invited to important dialogue
- International author launches smartphone app that empowers communities to identify, harvest and prepare wild food plants
- Taiwan Technical Mission encourage maintaining healthy eating during the COVID-19 crisis
- IICA will assist the Caribbean to boost trade in goods and agricultural information exchange, as well as to strengthen food security