Share This On:
(SNO) — Saint Lucians are invited to turn out in large numbers this Saturday (Jan. 19) as attempts are being initiated to beautify the island.
The project is being undertaken by the Saint Lucia Office of the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and Greening the Caribbean.
Saturday’s event will be the first activity for 2019, in the Choc area, and is being undertaken under the “Keep St Lucia Green & Clean” campaign.
“We hope to spark-up movements to clean-up all over Saint Lucia. It is our community, our island home, and the onus is upon us all to keep it clean and protect our environment,” Administrative Officer with responsibility for Corporate Communication and Public Relations with the JICA Saint Lucia Office, Glen Lake, stated.
He said JICA Saint Lucia and Greening in the Caribbean have always played an active role in keeping the community clean through their various clean-up campaigns year-round.
“This year will be no different, as a special effort has been taken to start off the year with a speedy momentum,” he stated.
JICA Saint Lucia is a government agency that supplies technical expertise, training courses, ODA loans and grants, and volunteer aid to the people of Saint Lucia through bi-lateral agreements between the countries of Saint Lucia and Japan.
Those interested in taking part in the Choc clean-up campaign are asked to gather at Mega Massy on Saturday from 8 a.m.
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM
- Fuel prices change November 17, 2019 7:00 PM
- Kindergarten registration takes on a new approach November 17, 2019 12:51 PM
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM