Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The East Caribbean Holding Company Limited (ECFH) and all its subsidiaries including Bank of Saint Lucia Limited (BOSL) and Bank of St. Vincent and the Grenadines Limited (BOSVG) mourns the passing of Sir Dwight Venner, former Governor of the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB).
Sir Dwight served as a stalwart of the financial services sector in Saint Lucia in his earlier days followed by his over 25 years as the Governor of the ECCB. Over the decades Sir Dwight’s contribution to the sector was tremendous, inclusive of extensive writings and publications. His passion for regional and sub-regional integration was strong and demonstrated through his contributions to institutions such as Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS), University of the West Indies and Sir Arthur Lewis Community College.
As part of the indigenous banks in OECS, ECFH, BOSL and BOSVG worked closely with Sir Dwight over the years, and always respected his wisdom and guidance. In his honour flags will be flown at half-mast.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, Management and Staff, ECFH extends sincere condolences to Mrs. Venner and the rest of the family. May he rest in peace.
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- St. Jude impasse: HR manager to be sent on administrative leave — NWU
- St. Lucia’s ‘Christmas barrel concession’ started June 2; expires Jan. 31, 2021
- Britain pushing US to form 5G club of nations to cut out Huawei
- Saint Lucia bankers announce ‘phased increase’ in opening hours
- Big changes coming at Digicel
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services to June 30
- Non-NIC contributors to benefit from ‘Income Support Programme’
- Digicel’s debt “unsustainable”