Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Months after electing a new board and making several critical administrative and operational changes the Eastern Caribbean Collective Organization for Music Rights (ECCO) Inc. has appointed a new Chief Executive Officer in the person of Mr. Davis Joseph.
Mr Joseph holds an MBA in business, is an I.T. Consultant, a Microsoft Excel 2016 Expert and a former professor at Monroe College who has also worked with regional and international organizations. Mr Joseph has also attained the WIPO Academy Certificate for a general course in Intellectual Property.
Current ECCO Chairman, Martin James, says the Board’s decision was unanimous with the completion of an unprecedented and vigorous screening process and claims that Mr. Joseph impressed the directors with his knowledge of the organization, suggested innovative strategies for increasing revenue and energetic personality.
Applicants were shortlisted following an initial assessment by an ECCO contracted HR Consultant which then led to police commissioned background checks, interviews and a final presentation to the ECCO Board of Directors. James also explained that during the process many of the recommendations from both external and internal audits were implemented through policy enactment and specialized training for office staff which will allow for greater transparency and accountability at ECCO.
The new CEO will take office tomorrow, November 1st, 2018 and will embark on a major education and public relations campaign to quell the concerns of members and the public on all that has transpired at ECCO since the last AGM. Members meetings in all ECCO territories and a press conference form part of the public relations campaign.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM