Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Months after electing a new board and making several critical administrative and operational changes the Eastern Caribbean Collective Organization for Music Rights (ECCO) Inc. has appointed a new Chief Executive Officer in the person of Mr. Davis Joseph.
Mr Joseph holds an MBA in business, is an I.T. Consultant, a Microsoft Excel 2016 Expert and a former professor at Monroe College who has also worked with regional and international organizations. Mr Joseph has also attained the WIPO Academy Certificate for a general course in Intellectual Property.
Current ECCO Chairman, Martin James, says the Board’s decision was unanimous with the completion of an unprecedented and vigorous screening process and claims that Mr. Joseph impressed the directors with his knowledge of the organization, suggested innovative strategies for increasing revenue and energetic personality.
Applicants were shortlisted following an initial assessment by an ECCO contracted HR Consultant which then led to police commissioned background checks, interviews and a final presentation to the ECCO Board of Directors. James also explained that during the process many of the recommendations from both external and internal audits were implemented through policy enactment and specialized training for office staff which will allow for greater transparency and accountability at ECCO.
The new CEO will take office tomorrow, November 1st, 2018 and will embark on a major education and public relations campaign to quell the concerns of members and the public on all that has transpired at ECCO since the last AGM. Members meetings in all ECCO territories and a press conference form part of the public relations campaign.
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Earthquake shakes Dominica again January 14, 2020 8:56 PM