Share This On:
Chairmanship of the Monetary Council of the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) will be transferred to Dr. Kenny D Anthony, Council member for Saint Lucia, during the official handing-over ceremony on September 4 at the Sandals Grande St Lucian Resort, Saint Lucia.
Prime Minister Anthony will succeed the outgoing Chairman, Dr. Denzil L Douglas, Council member for St Kitts and Nevis. Chairmanship of the Council is rotated alphabetically each year among the eight ECCB member countries.
The Monetary Council is the highest decision-making authority of the ECCB and comprises the eight ministers for finance of the ECCB member governments.
Following the ceremony, the Council will convene for its second special meeting for 2013. Following the meeting, the newly appointed Chairman, Prime Minister Anthony, will present the communiqué, and along with the other members of the Council, will field questions from media representatives in Saint Lucia.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Gas, diesel prices increased; cylinder prices decreased October 21, 2019
- Saint Lucia government approves barrel concessions October 21, 2019
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019
- Saint Lucia’s seamoss rebranded October 16, 2019
- St. Lucia Business Awards nominees revealed October 16, 2019
- Saint Lucia government updates minibus sector on road plans October 15, 2019