Share This On:
Chairmanship of the Monetary Council of the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) will be transferred to Dr. Kenny D Anthony, Council member for Saint Lucia, during the official handing-over ceremony on September 4 at the Sandals Grande St Lucian Resort, Saint Lucia.
Prime Minister Anthony will succeed the outgoing Chairman, Dr. Denzil L Douglas, Council member for St Kitts and Nevis. Chairmanship of the Council is rotated alphabetically each year among the eight ECCB member countries.
The Monetary Council is the highest decision-making authority of the ECCB and comprises the eight ministers for finance of the ECCB member governments.
Following the ceremony, the Council will convene for its second special meeting for 2013. Following the meeting, the newly appointed Chairman, Prime Minister Anthony, will present the communiqué, and along with the other members of the Council, will field questions from media representatives in Saint Lucia.
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- St. Jude impasse: HR manager to be sent on administrative leave — NWU
- St. Lucia’s ‘Christmas barrel concession’ started June 2; expires Jan. 31, 2021
- Britain pushing US to form 5G club of nations to cut out Huawei
- Saint Lucia bankers announce ‘phased increase’ in opening hours
- Big changes coming at Digicel
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services to June 30
- Non-NIC contributors to benefit from ‘Income Support Programme’
- Digicel’s debt “unsustainable”