Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) –The Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) and the Regional Security System Asset Recovery Unit (RSS ARU) 2020 Creative Youth will focus on art.
The ECCB Creative Youth Competition is designed to allow students to demonstrate their creativity, critical thinking skills and talents through various genres including essay writing, poetry, song writing and art. The competition is opened to students aged 13-19 in the eight ECCB member countries.
This year, students who wish to participate in the art contest will be required to prepare a piece on one of the following topics:
1. Recycling: Waste Management for an Eco-friendly Region
2. Cultural Awareness: Keeping Our Culture Alive
3. Combatting Crime through Financial Investigations and Asset Recovery
The topics were selected in collaboration with secondary school teachers and artists across the ECCB member countries.
The entries will be judged in two categories: ages 13 to 16 and 17 to 19, and will be assessed for: creativity and originality; quality and execution; adherence to the selected topic/clarity; use of medium and overall impression; and freedom of expression.
Cash prizes, tokens and trophies amounting to $26,000.00 will be awarded to the top three winners and their respective schools and teacher mentors.
The entries for the 2020 ECCB Creative Youth Competition must be submitted to the ECCB Headquarters or the Bank’s Agency Offices in the respective member countries, no later than 31 March 2020.
More Youth/Education Stories
- Training in repair of hybrid and electric vehicles December 6, 2019
- 94 schools across the OECS benefit from grants to improve literacy December 5, 2019
- Rendezvous Resorts supports applied learning experiences December 3, 2019
- Over 300 graduate from Sir Athur Lewis Community College December 3, 2019
- Zookeeper comes to mall December 3, 2019
- Youth Aflame 2019 Christmas Production is here November 29, 2019
- Teenager received massive assistance after beating for shoes November 26, 2019