Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Trinity Lutheran Church located in beautiful Bisee will be worshiping at 9:00 AM on Easter Sunday, April 16th. Following the worship will be fellowship and activities for the children.
All are welcome to come and worship.
“Easter is the biggest celebration in the Christian church year,” says Pastor Tom Spiegelberg. “I know that Christian churches argue over the day to celebrate Easter. Bu in spite of the disagreement, a day to commemorate Jesus coming back to life is an opportunity for all Christians to remember the single most important aspect of the Christian faith.”
He continues, “If there is life after this world, then the resurrection of Christ is our hope that death is not the final chapter, but just as Jesus rose, we too will rise. It is the only reason people have hope at a funeral or when this world seems hopeless.”
He goes on to explain why Easter is so important in the Christian church. “For so many religions, there is often a list of things that one must do to please a god or gods. For instance, in reincarnation, you must do good to come back in a better form or else you will come back in a worse form. Christianity is unique among the religions of the world in the sense that God states no one can get to heaven on account of their good life, but because of the sacrifice that Jesus made for us. All other religions ask, ‘What must I do?’ Christianity asks, ‘What did God do for me?’ That is what Easter is all about.”
Trinity Lutheran Church and preschool offer Christian worship, education and fellowship for those seeking to find a church home to belong.
For more information, contact Trinity Lutheran Church at 450-2244 or Pastor Spiegelberg at 287-7260. You may also visit our web site at islandlutherans.com, email us at [email protected] or like us on Facebook.
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM