Share This On:
(SNO) — The UWI Seismic Research Centre in Trinidad is reporting that it recorded a 4.1-magnitude earthquake near Saint Lucia, Martinique and Dominica at 5:35 a.m. on Monday, April 15.
The earthquake was recorded 128 kilometres northeast of Castries, Saint Lucia; 99 km northeast of Fort-de-France, Martinique; and 134 km east-south-east of Roseau, Dominica.
It was located at latitude 14.92 north, longitude 60.24 west, at a depth of 10 km.
Just after 6 a.m., the National Emergency Management Organisation (NEMO) reported that it had not received any reports that the earthquake was felt in Saint Lucia.
However, since then at least two persons have commented on the Research Centre’s Facebook page, indicating having felt the earthquake.
There were no reports of damages.
Previously, the UWI Seismic Research Centre, Trinidad and Tobago reported a magnitude 3.9 earthquake off the northeast coast of Saint Lucia on April 1, 2019, at 11:27 a.m. It was specifically recorded 133.0 km northeast of Castries and 97.0 km northeast of Fort-de-France, Martinique, at a depth of 10 km.
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM