Share This On:
(CMC) – The Earthquake Unit at the University of the West Indies, Mona Campus says a minor earthquake was felt in sections of the island early Thursday.
The unit says the 3.2 quake occurred at 5:20am (local time) and was located in the community of Rock Hall in the eastern parish of St. Andrew and had a depth of 16 kilometres.
The tremor was also felt in sections of the central parish of St. Catherine.
There were no reports of damage or injuries.
More Jamaica News Stories
- US ‘salesman’ caught with ammunition at Jamaican airport October 16, 2019
- Former Jamaican PM PJ Patterson hospitalised after accident October 15, 2019
- Jamaica: Woman attacked by pit bull wants compensation October 14, 2019
- Jamaican man defrauded elderly US couple out of US$320,000 October 14, 2019
- Five-week-old baby stolen in Jamaica October 14, 2019
- Jamaica: Man learns 5 kids are not his; still plans to marry woman October 14, 2019
- Jamaican woman has three sets of twins October 11, 2019
- Jamaica: “Prekeh Bwoy” tops police wanted list October 9, 2019