Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The University of the West Indies Seismic Research Centre (SRC) in Trinidad has confirmed that today, Tuesday, December 31, 2014, at about 3:45 am (local time), an earthquake occurred approximately 73.0 km South East of Castries, Saint Lucia.
According to preliminary results, the event occurred at a depth of 23 km and had a magnitude of 3.6 on the Richter scale.
The National Emergency Management Organization has not yet received any reports of damage as a result of this event.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- Guyana: Indigenous chiefs maintain they will not let outsiders in their villages
- Guyana: Minibus driver and conductor arrested for packing minibus — breaking COVID rule
- NEW VIDEO RELEASE: Yves Lewis – “Baby Don’t Cry”