Share This On:
(SNO) — Vieux Fort South MP and former Prime Minister, Dr. Kenny Anthony, has come out swinging against Dominic Fedee, saying he has no time for the tourism minister.
Last Friday, Fedee accused the main Opposition Saint Lucia Labour Party of duplicity in the multi-billion-dollar Desert Star Holding (DSH) Pearl of the Caribbean project in Vieux Fort.
Responding on MBC television’s morning creole talk show Zafe Nous, Dr. Anthony said he has no time for a person like Fedee.
He describes the minister as a man with no respect and who does not have the mind to speak for himself.
“He repeats what other people tell him to repeat,” the former prime minister said in creole. “I don’t have the habit of answering him.”
The DSH matter is presently before the courts in a constitutional motion filed by Dr. Anthony, and he said he prefers to remain silent on it.
“You are not supposed to hold discussions on the case itself…” he stated. “You can talk and give information about the case but to hold discussion on the principles of the laws commanding the case, you are not supposed to do so.”
Dr. Anthony had a challenge for Fedee.
“If Fedee thinks he has so many points, all he can do is put all these points he made, he announced, in what we call an affidavit and put it in the case,” he remarked. “That is to say, the attorney general, who has to respond to the case, can use Fedee as a witness … I would be happy if he does that, very happy, because that is where we are going to see directly what is straight and what is not straight.”
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM
- Uncertainty as civil unrest continues in Dominica December 4, 2019 9:56 AM
- Police fire live ammunition, tear gas in Dominica protest (See video) December 3, 2019 4:16 PM
- Saint Lucian sculptor Jallim Eudovic to receive major Caribbean Award December 3, 2019 2:16 PM
- Botham Jean’s brother receives police award December 3, 2019 1:45 PM